Home remedies for Typhoid fever? When a person’s immune system is weak, the person becomes open to several diseases. One such disease is typhoid. Typhoid is considered a potential killer and it is quite common especially in developing countries.
There are several home remedies for typhoid. We advise that once you notice symptoms of typhoid, you reach you, doctor, early. If typhoid goes untreated it could cause damage to organs and even death.
In this post, we take a look at some of the home remedies for typhoid. If you are ready, let’s get straight to the crux of this post.
Natural Home Remedies For Typhoid
Apple Cider Vinegar
This tops our list of home remedies for typhoid because of its potency in dealing with typhoid. It is known to effectively combat the disease while providing the patient with the required amounts of energy. One of the major reasons for this is the acidic property of apple cider vinegar.
Because of the acidic nature, it is able to emit heat from the skin. This simple action helps to reduce body heat caused by high fever. Several studies have shown the effectiveness of apple cider on increasing a person’s immunity to typhoid.
Apple cider vinegar also helps to replenish the minerals that the patient has lost due to the disease. Two ways of using apple cider vinegar as a home remedy for typhoid include:
- Mix half teaspoonful of unfiltered apple cider vinegar with some honey and pour it into a glass of water. Drink this solution before taking each meal between 5 and 7 days.
- Another way to use this mixture is mixing the apple cider vinegar with cool water. This should be done following the ration 1:2. When this is done, immerse a piece of a washcloth in your mixture and wring it. Place the washcloth on both the abdomen and forehead. Take it off when it is warm and immerse it again in the mixture. Keep doing this until you no longer feel the symptoms of typhoid.
Garlic is known worldwide for its amazing antimicrobial qualities. As a result of this, garlic is very potent when it comes to combating the causative bacteria of typhoid Salmonella typhi. It is no news that garlic is also an immunity booster. This means if that if you feel your immunity is low, a few garlic cloves can help raise the levels in no time.
Garlic is also a strong detoxifier that helps to rid the body of harmful toxins. All of these reasons are why it makes our list of home remedies for typhoid. There are also two ways of using garlic for this purpose:
- When you notice symptoms of typhoid fever, begin taking two cloves of garlic on an empty stomach daily. Do this for at least two weeks and you will notice that the symptoms will disappear.
- Get half teaspoon of crushed garlic and add it to a cup of milk and four cups of water. Boil the mixture until what you have left is one-quarter of the initial amount. Drink this solution thrice daily.
It is very important to note that you shouldn’t use this remedy for young children or pregnant women.
Basil is one of the most recognized herbs for typhoid fever. As you know, herbs are very effective home remedies for several diseases. In the case of basil, it has strong antibacterial qualities. This makes it a prime remedy for typhoid considering that this disease is caused by a bacterial infection.
Basil is also very on the stomach and is able to abate the effects of a fever. Consuming this herb is also a great way to boost your immunity levels just like garlic. Two ways of using basil as a home remedy for typhoid fever are:
- Add 20 leaves of the basil plant to one teaspoon of crushed ginger and a cup of water. Boil this mixture until the contents of your boiling container reduce to half. Add a little honey and you consume this mixture with some tea a couple of times each day.
- Another method is extracting the juice of 5 leaves of the basil plant. Mix this with a little freshlyground black pepper. Drink this mixture between two and three times each day for a period of 2 weeks.
Bananas already have a strong reputation for dealing with diarrhea and fever. Did you know that bananas are also great as home remedies for treating typhoid fever? Yes, they are for several reasons.
Firstly, bananas contain pectin which is a soluble fiber that allows the intestines to absorb liquid easily. Because of this, they can significantly reduce diarrhea. Secondly, bananas contain a lot of potassium. Potassium in bananas helps to restore the electrolytes that a person loses because of diarrhea and fever.
Two ways of using bananas as home remedies for typhoid include:
- As soon as you notice the symptoms of typhoid, begin eating between 2 and 3 ripe bananas daily. Soon the symptoms will be gone.
- Mash two bananas and mix it with half a cup of yogurt and a teaspoon of honey. Eat this twice or thrice daily for a few weeks until the symptoms disappear.
Cranberries are highly regarded as one of the best fruits for typhoid fever. This is major because of their anti-parasitic properties. Added to this, taking cranberry juice helps to boost your immunity.
To use cranberry juice as a home remedy for typhoid, take the following directions:
- Get some fresh cranberries and clean them properties.
- Put the clean cranberries in a blender.
- Blend your cranberries.
- You can consume your cranberries as juice. On the other hand, you add some extra flavor or some yogurt. This will give you a tasty smoothie.
Pregnant women should not take cranberry juice or any other form of cranberry. This is because there may be possible side effects.
Oranges are also great fruits for typhoid fever. One of the major reasons why oranges are very strong home remedies for typhoid is their vitamin and mineral content. Taking oranges and lots of water helps to boost your immunity levels.
They also help to add essential vitamins and minerals to an emaciated body. This helps your body to combat dehydration. Oranges also provide a cooling effect that gives you positive relief from the restlessness and discomfort of typhoid fever.
There is really no special way to use oranges as a remedy for typhoid. All you need to do is add it to your diet either by eating raw or taking the juice. You can also add a little juice to your cup of orange juice. Drink this thrice daily as it helps to boost the immune system.
Lemon is renowned for being one of the best home remedies for typhoid all over the world. It is really beneficial when you are seeking a way to boost your immunity levels. This is because lemon is very rich in vitamin C as well as many other minerals and vitamins.
Lemon has one very special quality, it is able to alkalize the gastrointestinal tract. It also supports and disinfects the GIT effectively. Because of all of these qualities, lemon juice is regarded as a strong remedy for typhoid.
As a strong home remedy, you take the following directions to use lemon juice effectively:
- Cut your lemon into two.
- Squeeze out the juice.
- Add two tablespoons of honey to the juice and pour it into a glass of water.
- Stir the solution properly to get a uniform mixture.
- Drink the mixture daily for two weeks straight.
There are hardly any side effects of lemon, however, lemon is very acidic. For this reason, it is not a great option for people suffering from ulcers. It can also result in kidney problems and tooth erosion.
There are several reasons why Echinacea is a very important home remedy for typhoid fever. While it is not so popular, it has been proven to be very potent in combating typhoid fever symptoms. Beyond this, Echinacea helps to boost immunity levels and also strengthen body tissues.
Below are helpful directions to use Echinacea as a home remedy for typhoid.
- Get a glass of water and add one teaspoon of Echinacea roots. On the other hand, you can add Echinacea powder that is derived from dried Echinacea flowers.
- Boil the mixture for between 8 and 10 minutes.
- Filter the resulting solution.
- Drink your mixture twice or thrice daily.
Causes of Typhoid
Typhoid is a disease caused by a bacteria known as Salmonella typhi. This bacteria is virulent and can reside in a person’s body for several months without any symptoms. There are two ways a person can be infected with typhoid:
- When a person comes in contact with food or drinks that are prepared by infected people they can become infected.
- Consuming foods or beverages that are made with contaminated water.
Home Remedies For Typhoid-Conclusion
In this post, we have presented you with a list of home remedies for typhoid. There are several others so you can share some that you know with us in the comments section below.