More and more people are seeing the need to eat healthily these days. Doing this goes a long way to affect the kind of lives we lead. One way to eat healthily is to adopt low carb diets, which leads to providing of info on the low carb diet recipes.
These diets have so many benefits. The challenge is that many people don’t know much about low card diet recipes. Well, making this kind of diet is easy and you don’t need too many ingredients.
In this post, we will show you a few recipes to add to your low carb diet plan. Ready? Check out our recipes below.
Eggs with Vegetables in Coconut Oil
Looking for great low carb recipes for breakfast? You should try this meal out. It is not only tasty, it is efficient enough to keep your full for long periods through your day.
This dish contains healthy vegetables and lots of proteins. It is the embodiment of “low carb” as it meets your health requirements and keeps you full. Enough talk, check out the recipe below.
What you need
- Coconut oil
- Vegetable mix (fresh or frozen). It should contain carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans.
- Spinach (optional)
Like many low carb recipes, you should find making this dish very easy. Here’s how to prepare your eggs with vegetables in coconut oil.
- Place your frying pan on heat and add some coconut oil.
- Pour in your vegetable mix. If you are making use of a frozen mix, then it is best to let the vegetables thaw for a bit.
- Add your eggs (between 3 and 4, depending on what you prefer).
- Add spices (it could be a just pepper and salt or a whole blend. Again, it is your choice).
- Put in your spinach, if you want to.
- Stir-fry your mix until you are happy with the outcome.
- Serve warm
Grilled Chicken Wings along with Salsa and Greens
We are not in doubt that if you get this right, it might become your favorite. Many people end up loving this meal because of the satisfaction it provides. It is no news that most individuals prefer to eat their meat straight off its bone.
Your kids may love this one as well. But beyond all the satisfaction it brings, this meal is very healthy. Without further ado, here’s how to prepare grilled chicken wings along with salsa and greens.
What you need
- Chicken wings
Are you wondering why the ingredients are so few? Well, this is usually the case with low carb diet recipes. Few ingredients yet very healthy and packed with nutrients. Now, to the process.
- Dip your chicken wings into a blend of your preferred spices. Make sure every part of the chicken gets sufficient spice.
- Put the chicken wings inside your oven and heat it to between 180oC to 200o Leave it to grill for up to 40 minutes.
- Make sure that the wings are crunchy and brown before taking them out of the oven.
- Serve along with a mix of salsa and greens.
Now, that was simple to prepare, wasn’t it? You can try this out with any other part of the chicken asides the wings.
Eggs and Bacon
Okay, you are probably wondering why bacon? Isn’t it processed meat? Yes, we know we are talking about healthy meals here, and technically, bacon is healthy. It has very low carb content which makes it suitable to be on our list.
The best way to add bacon to your low carb diet meal plan is to eat it at most twice each week. This moderation helps you to keep in shape, just what you need a low carb diet for. You get a lot of nutrients from this meal, especially proteins that keep you full for longer periods. Check out how to prepare it below:
What you need
- Spices (optional)
This is one of the simplest low carb meals to prepare. It falls under the low carb diet recipes for beginners. Let’s show you how to prepare this meal.
- Fry your bacon in a pan over heat until you deem it ready.
- After putting your bacon in a plate, fry between 3 and 4 eggs using the fat from the bacon.
- Adding spices to this meal is optional. If you will, then you can add some garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt. You should do this while frying the eggs.
Sliced Bell Peppers and Ground Beef
Do you have some spare beef somewhere in your kitchen or fridge? You are probably wondering what to do with it. Not to worry, rather than waste it, let’s help you turn it into a healthy low carb meal.
While the beef provides the protein, the bell peppers present you with healthy vitamins and minerals. Here’s how to prepare this dish.
What you need
- Ground beef
- Coconut oil
- Bell pepper (1)
By now, you must be wondering why coconut oil all the time. It is far healthier than vegetable oil, perfect for low carb diet recipes. With that out of the way, here’s how to prepare your dish.
- Chop your onion finely. At least, make the meal attractive.
- Pour some coconut oil into your frying pan and place it overheat.
- Pour in the finely-chopped onions then stir for at most two minutes.
- Add your ground beef.
- Put in your spices (either pepper and salt alone or a blend of spices).
- Add your spinach.
- Some chili powder and black pepper will help you spice things up. Note that this step is optional but it will help you spice things up.
- Stir-fry your mixture over moderate heat for a few minutes until you are satisfied. Serve this along with the sliced bell pepper.
Pieces of Fried Chicken Breast
This is one of the typical low carb diet recipes. It is simple and straight to the point. Many people may feel having dry chicken will be bland. If you fall into this category, add some butter to change the taste. Here’s how to prepare your fried chicken breast.
What you need
- Chicken breast
- Garlic powder
- Leafy greens
Here’s how to prepare this meal, it’s pretty simple.
- Dice your chicken breast into smaller pieces.
- Put some butter into your frying pan and place it overheat.
- Add the cut pieces of chicken breast to the heated butter.
- Pour in the curry, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Leave the chicken over the heat until you get a crunchy texture.
- Serve along with leafy greens.
Benefits of Low Carb Diets
Now that you have a few low carb diet recipes added to your meal plan, let’s take this a little deeper. Why should you consider switching to low carb diets? If this question has been on your mind, then you are not alone.
In this section, we will answer this question by sharing a few benefits of low carb diets with you.
Doesn’t give the impression that you’re dieting
Many people want to diet, some even start the process. However, they can’t follow through with the idea because their bodies fight back. This is mostly because your body is not used to the new normal.
With low carb diets, the story is different. You are eating almost the same things you used to, only that this time, it is healthier. Truth be told, your body may fight back a little. However, it wouldn’t take as long as with regular dieting recipes.
Keeps you fuller for longer
This is one of the most important benefits of low carb meals. Regular meals that contain lots of carbs end up giving you insulin swings. This results in eating a couple of times a day, higher than you should.
As a result of this, you add weight and never seem to lose it. It feels like you aren’t getting enough food. With low carb meals, you stay fuller for longer because of the high fiber and protein content.
We just had to follow the previous benefit with this one because they work hand-in-hand. Since you are not eating as frequently as you used to and you have lots of energy to expend, you lose weight.
Alright, we should let you know at this point that the weight loss is not magical. It follows a process and may take some time. But soon, you’ll be able to wear your old cute dresses again.
Improves skin complexion
Strange, right? When you reduce consumption of sugary, high-carb foods, your skin begins to glow. Before you shoot us, there’s no specific scientific proof. However, you’ll notice this when you change your diet.
Low Carb Diet Recipes-Conclusion
Are you ready to try out one of our low carb diet recipes? Please do and let’s know about your experience. Share your experiences with us in the comments section below.